Territory » Salò » Point of interest » Museo Storico del Nastro Azzurro

MUSEO STORICO DEL NASTRO AZZURRO

Museums at Salò

ADDRESS
Via Fantoni 49,
Salò

CONTATS
Telefono: +39 0365 290765

WEB

Inside the Palazzo Fantoni (Fantoni building) in the centre of Salò is located, in addition to the University of the city centre, also the Nastro Azzurro Museum. It preserves relics and artefacts from the Napoleonic era, from the Great War, the Second World War and the period between the first and the second world wars; examples of the pieces preserved are hats, currencies, flags, uniforms, banners, military ranks and weaponry. Originally the Nastro Azzurro Museum, founded in 1943 at the behest of Luigi Ebranati, decorated for military valour, was based at the Salò Town Hall and was called the Museo Sacrario di guerra Adolfo Battisti (Adolfo Battisti Sacred War Museum), subsequently, to improve the usability of the pieces preserved, it opted for the relocation of its headquarters, which became in fact, the Fantoni building. The intention of the museum is to learn about and understand, without any ideological distinction, the story of the soldiers and of those decorated for military valour of the wars from 1793 to the present day. (credits Arianna Florioli)

SHARE WITH:
inLombardia | Regione Lombardia