Territory » Polpenazze del Garda » Point of interest » Polpenazze Castle

POLPENAZZE CASTLE

Castles at Polpenazze del Garda

Built to defend against Hungarian invasions in the 10th century, Polpenazze castle was destroyed by the Visconti family at the beginning of the 15th century and reconstructed by Polpenazze in 1426. To allow the construction of the new parish church it was necessary to knock down the southern part and transform one of the towers on the walls into a bell tower. Today only the entrance to the medieval castle remains.

SHARE WITH:
inLombardia | Regione Lombardia