Territory » Lonato del Garda » Point of interest » Torre Civica

TORRE CIVICA

Sites of interest at Lonato del Garda

Erected in 1555, the Civic Tower rises above the city with its battlements, which can be traced back to the XIX century. It was home to the city’s male prison during the Venetian rule. It has three bells named after the Saints of the village. The original clock was replaced in 1793 by the present one which can be seen from inside the mechanism.

SHARE WITH:
inLombardia | Regione Lombardia