The church, which was designed by architect Paolo Soratini from Lonato, was built over an existing building dating back to 1391. Completed in 1740, it contains two paintings - La Pietà and Pentecost - by Zenon Veronese (1448-1553), a painting by Palma il Giovane (1570-1596) portraying the Madonna, Jesus, San Michele, San Nicolò and Sant'Antonio Abate, a painting by Andrea Celesti (1637-1712) depicting San Nicolò, Sant'Antonio and San Faustino and Giovita, frescoes by Francesco Monti (1683-1768) that include the Assumption of Mary (1750 c.), and 14 paintings of the Stations of the Cross by Augusto Lozzia. An object of particular devotion is the Madonna di Fraole painting (first altar on the left), in whose honour a great festival with a procession is held at the beginning of October. The apse facing the lake is encircled by an unusual balcony that affords a fine view of the lake from San Vigilio Point to Peschiera, Sirmione, La Rocca di Manerba and the Island of Garda. The apse facing the lake, is surrounded by a characteristic balcony that allows a broad horizon over the middle lake from Punta S. Vigilio to Peschiera, Sirmione, the Rocca di Manerba and the Isola del Garda.